|Merrimack LB Shawn Loiseau signs with Texans||04.28.12 at 9:08 pm ET|
After going undrafted, linebacker Shawn Loiseau, from Division II, has signed with the Houston Texans as a free agent.
He announced the move on his Twitter account, writing “Proud member of the Houston Texans!!! #texans nation here we come!!”
The Massachusetts native was invited to the combine after a productive career at Merrimack and garnered attention prior to the draft as a player that plays with a chip on his shoulder, though he lacks the physical skills of a prototypical linebacker.
“My goal since I’ve been seven years old, my dream has been to play in the NFL and growing up it’s always been my dream,” Loiseau said at the combine in February. “And then, coming into college, I was overlooked, my senior year I was Massachusetts player of the year — I led my team to 13-0 (mark) and a state championship and not one school came knocking, not even one offered me to walk on.”
As a result, he landed at Merrimack, where he became a two-time conference player of the year. He helped the Warriors win the Northeast 10 conference in 2009. For more on Loiseau, check out our story on him HERE.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- The Potential Importance Of Jake Ballard
- Four Missing From Second Day Of Patriots OTAs
- The Top 20 Most Memorable Patriots Moments of 2012: Number 8
- New England Patriots Links 5/21/13 - Watching for Early Signs of...
- Tedy Bruschi Elected To Patriots Hall Of Fame
- Jason Vega Speaks With the Pulpit
- Rob Gronkowski Undergoes Successful Forearm Surgery