Pats add Kentucky wide receiver Matt Roark as an undrafted free agent
|04.30.12 at 1:29 pm ET|
University of Kentucky wide receiver/quarterback Matt Roark will join the Patriots as an undrafted free agent, per the official Twitter feed of the Kentucky football program. A 6-foot-5, 214-pounder, Roark had 54 catches for 584 yards and a touchdown in four seasons with the Wildcats, including 36 receptions for 349 yards as a senior.
By the looks of things, Roark can do a little of everything: in addition to his work as a wide receiver, he’s spent a lot of time on special teams. (Going into his senior year, he blocked six kicks in his career, five extra points and a field goal.) In addition, when the Wildcats suffered a rash of injuries, he took snaps at quarterback this past season, and helped UK pull off the upset against Tennessee, 10-7.
One video of note on Roark: The win over Tennessee was so unlikely that the fans carried him off the field at the end of the game. That’s him wearing No. 3 in the middle of all the madness:
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick