Pats add Kentucky wide receiver Matt Roark as an undrafted free agent
|04.30.12 at 1:29 pm ET|
University of Kentucky wide receiver/quarterback Matt Roark will join the Patriots as an undrafted free agent, per the official Twitter feed of the Kentucky football program. A 6-foot-5, 214-pounder, Roark had 54 catches for 584 yards and a touchdown in four seasons with the Wildcats, including 36 receptions for 349 yards as a senior.
By the looks of things, Roark can do a little of everything: in addition to his work as a wide receiver, he’s spent a lot of time on special teams. (Going into his senior year, he blocked six kicks in his career, five extra points and a field goal.) In addition, when the Wildcats suffered a rash of injuries, he took snaps at quarterback this past season, and helped UK pull off the upset against Tennessee, 10-7.
One video of note on Roark: The win over Tennessee was so unlikely that the fans carried him off the field at the end of the game. That’s him wearing No. 3 in the middle of all the madness:
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots Star Danny Amendola's Injuries
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty