Jerod Mayo and Rob Ninkovich recall Junior Seau’s impact on the game
|05.03.12 at 4:07 pm ET|
Mayo: ‘I was shocked and deeply saddened when I heard the news about Junior. I spent my first two years in the NFL with him. He was so approachable and welcoming and really worked with me to help me to adjust to life in the NFL. He was a true mentor and teammate. He had a legendary NFL career and had a passion for the game that I try to emulate. This is a sad day for me. My thoughts and prayers are with him, his family and his many friends. ‘
Ninkovich: ‘I grew up watching Junior Seau play linebacker. He defined the position and I try to emulate my play on the field after his. It was an honor to play with an NFL legend. 2009 was my first year with the Patriots and when Junior came in, our lockers were right next to each other. As a veteran, he shared valuable advice with me and was a true teammate. I am deeply saddened by the loss and my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Favored over Cowboys in Marquee Matchup
- Pros, Cons of Patriots' Offensive Line Shuffling
- What's the Secret to Lewis' Sudden Stardom?
- Blount and Lewis Are Perfect 1-2 Punch in Pats Backfield
- Adjustments Patriots Must Make After Bye Week
- Where Does Brady's Hot Start Rank?
- Report: Bears Trade LB Bostic to Pats