Jerod Mayo and Rob Ninkovich recall Junior Seau’s impact on the game
|05.03.12 at 4:07 pm ET|
Mayo: ‘I was shocked and deeply saddened when I heard the news about Junior. I spent my first two years in the NFL with him. He was so approachable and welcoming and really worked with me to help me to adjust to life in the NFL. He was a true mentor and teammate. He had a legendary NFL career and had a passion for the game that I try to emulate. This is a sad day for me. My thoughts and prayers are with him, his family and his many friends. ‘
Ninkovich: ‘I grew up watching Junior Seau play linebacker. He defined the position and I try to emulate my play on the field after his. It was an honor to play with an NFL legend. 2009 was my first year with the Patriots and when Junior came in, our lockers were right next to each other. As a veteran, he shared valuable advice with me and was a true teammate. I am deeply saddened by the loss and my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL