Charlie Weis: Harbaugh’s comments were ‘a joke’
|05.04.12 at 6:31 pm ET|
Charlie Weis doesn’t care for John Harbaugh‘s insinuation that the Patriots three Super Bowls might have been “stained.” Speaking on ‘SiriusXM’s Mad Dog Radio’ channel with hosts Evan Cohen and Steve Phillips on Friday morning, Weis said the allegations were a “joke.”
‘That’s a joke,” said Weis, the former Patriots offensive coordinator who is now the head coach at the University of Kansas. “That’s really, that’s a joke. Not even worth commenting on. It’s a joke. When people win championships, people win championships. Every time somebody wins they are looking for a reason why the team won. We won because we were the best team in those years. We might not have had the best players but we always had the best team, including 2001 when we beat the Rams when we weren’t supposed to have a chance.’
Harbaugh, who made those comments Tuesday, has since issued a statement trying to clarify what he said, saying that he believes the Patriots “earned every victory.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL