Charlie Weis: Harbaugh’s comments were ‘a joke’
|05.04.12 at 6:31 pm ET|
Charlie Weis doesn’t care for John Harbaugh‘s insinuation that the Patriots three Super Bowls might have been “stained.” Speaking on ‘SiriusXM’s Mad Dog Radio’ channel with hosts Evan Cohen and Steve Phillips on Friday morning, Weis said the allegations were a “joke.”
‘That’s a joke,” said Weis, the former Patriots offensive coordinator who is now the head coach at the University of Kansas. “That’s really, that’s a joke. Not even worth commenting on. It’s a joke. When people win championships, people win championships. Every time somebody wins they are looking for a reason why the team won. We won because we were the best team in those years. We might not have had the best players but we always had the best team, including 2001 when we beat the Rams when we weren’t supposed to have a chance.’
Harbaugh, who made those comments Tuesday, has since issued a statement trying to clarify what he said, saying that he believes the Patriots “earned every victory.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal