Charlie Weis: Harbaugh’s comments were ‘a joke’
|05.04.12 at 6:31 pm ET|
Charlie Weis doesn’t care for John Harbaugh‘s insinuation that the Patriots three Super Bowls might have been “stained.” Speaking on ‘SiriusXM’s Mad Dog Radio’ channel with hosts Evan Cohen and Steve Phillips on Friday morning, Weis said the allegations were a “joke.”
‘That’s a joke,” said Weis, the former Patriots offensive coordinator who is now the head coach at the University of Kansas. “That’s really, that’s a joke. Not even worth commenting on. It’s a joke. When people win championships, people win championships. Every time somebody wins they are looking for a reason why the team won. We won because we were the best team in those years. We might not have had the best players but we always had the best team, including 2001 when we beat the Rams when we weren’t supposed to have a chance.’
Harbaugh, who made those comments Tuesday, has since issued a statement trying to clarify what he said, saying that he believes the Patriots “earned every victory.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...