Charlie Weis: Harbaugh’s comments were ‘a joke’
|05.04.12 at 6:31 pm ET|
Charlie Weis doesn’t care for John Harbaugh‘s insinuation that the Patriots three Super Bowls might have been “stained.” Speaking on ‘SiriusXM’s Mad Dog Radio’ channel with hosts Evan Cohen and Steve Phillips on Friday morning, Weis said the allegations were a “joke.”
‘That’s a joke,” said Weis, the former Patriots offensive coordinator who is now the head coach at the University of Kansas. “That’s really, that’s a joke. Not even worth commenting on. It’s a joke. When people win championships, people win championships. Every time somebody wins they are looking for a reason why the team won. We won because we were the best team in those years. We might not have had the best players but we always had the best team, including 2001 when we beat the Rams when we weren’t supposed to have a chance.’
Harbaugh, who made those comments Tuesday, has since issued a statement trying to clarify what he said, saying that he believes the Patriots “earned every victory.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Pros, Cons of Patriots' Offensive Line Shuffling
- What's the Secret to Lewis' Sudden Stardom?
- Blount and Lewis Are Perfect 1-2 Punch in Pats Backfield
- Adjustments Patriots Must Make After Bye Week
- Where Does Brady's Hot Start Rank?
- Report: Bears Trade LB Bostic to Pats
- Taking Stock of Pats Ahead of Week 4 Bye