Charlie Weis: Harbaugh’s comments were ‘a joke’
|05.04.12 at 6:31 pm ET|
Charlie Weis doesn’t care for John Harbaugh‘s insinuation that the Patriots three Super Bowls might have been “stained.” Speaking on ‘SiriusXM’s Mad Dog Radio’ channel with hosts Evan Cohen and Steve Phillips on Friday morning, Weis said the allegations were a “joke.”
‘That’s a joke,” said Weis, the former Patriots offensive coordinator who is now the head coach at the University of Kansas. “That’s really, that’s a joke. Not even worth commenting on. It’s a joke. When people win championships, people win championships. Every time somebody wins they are looking for a reason why the team won. We won because we were the best team in those years. We might not have had the best players but we always had the best team, including 2001 when we beat the Rams when we weren’t supposed to have a chance.’
Harbaugh, who made those comments Tuesday, has since issued a statement trying to clarify what he said, saying that he believes the Patriots “earned every victory.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...