Logan Mankins at No. 64 on NFL Network’s ‘Top 100′ list
|05.16.12 at 8:56 pm ET|
Patriots offensive lineman Logan Mankins checked in at No. 64 overall in the NFL Network’s list of Top 100 players of 2012, presented Wednesday night.
The offensive guard, who just wrapped up his seventh season with the Patriots, was at No. 39 last year. The Fresno State product is the second member of the Patriots to make this year’s Top 100 — defensive lineman Vince Wilfork was the first member of the franchise to make this year’s list at No. 81.
One of the players who discussed Mankins and his impact was Indianapolis defensive lineman Raheem Brock. Brock and Mankins have been longtime foes, but it was clear Brock has a lot of respect for Mankins, saying he’s “a great overall offensive lineman.”
“He’s not just a great pass blocker — he’s a great run blocker, too. He’s pretty good at trying to disguise the run and the pass. In Indy, they know how we played: We spin a lot, and one play or another, he might set me up, knowing I’m going to spin and the other guy is coming to clean me up. They’d kind of laugh at you because it was kind of a setup.”
As for the idea that Mankins occasionally gets overshadowed by quarterback Tom Brady, Brock chuckled.
“I don’t see too many people pay to go see offensive linemen play, but he’s one of the best,” he said with a smile. “He’s one of the best.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract
- Jimmy Garoppolo Reportedly May Remain with Patriots Despite Trade Rumors
- Biggest Challenges Facing New England Patriots in 2017 Offseason
- Tom Brady's Super Bowl 51 Comeback to Be Made into Book and Feature Film
- Malcolm Butler's Life Story to Be Subject of Biographical Movie