|Patriots sign offensive lineman Jon Opperud||05.18.12 at 1:33 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Friday afternoon they have signed offensive lineman Jon Opperud, a rookie free agent out of Montana. The 22-year-old Opperud was originally signed by Seattle as a rookie free agent on April 29 out of Montana and was released by the Seahawks on May 15.
The 6-foot-7, 300-pounder was a three-year starter for Montana. After seeing action in all 11 games as a true freshman in 2008, he earned a starting position at left guard in 2009. He was moved to left tackle for his junior and season seasons.
According to Pro Football Weekly, Opperud is a “tall, slow-footed, FCS blocker who played tackle and guard as a three-year starter. Relies on positioning and technique to control defenders, as he is not strong enough to generate power on his own. Is intelligent, tough and competitive, though his intangibles outpace his athletic ability.”
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Patriots Claim OT Kevin Haslam; Waive R.J. Mattes
- Patriots Spend League High $140K In Guaranteed Money For UDFAs
- New England Patriots Links 5/22/13 - Talib: OTAs About 'Getting Down the...
- The Potential Importance Of Jake Ballard
- Four Missing From Second Day Of Patriots OTAs
- The Top 20 Most Memorable Patriots Moments of 2012: Number 8
- New England Patriots Links 5/21/13 - Watching for Early Signs of...