|Back to work for many at Gillette Stadium as OTA’s get underway||05.21.12 at 11:39 am ET|
The offseason starts to rachet up just a bit on Monday at Gillette Stadium with the beginning of Organized Team Activities (OTA).
While the voluntary offseason workouts have been going on for roughly a month at Gillette Stadium, these sessions are the first time that all members of the team get a chance to get on the field with the coaching staff. These events are not mandatory, but there’s usually excellent attendance, as it serves as a good way for player and coach alike to gauge where they stand at this point in the offseason. It’s also a chance for the rookies to get some on-field work in alongside the veterans, and continue their education process as they continue to get up to speed in the system.
According to the Collective Bargaining Agreement, the Patriots can engage in three OTA sessions this week, three next week and four during the third week. (The media will have access to one session a week — Thursday — for the next three weeks.)
While the sessions do not have the speed and intensity of a regular-season get-together, the OTA’s serve as a way to start easing back into a football mindset again for everyone.
“It’s always exciting when you can get back out there, put the helmets on,” said wide receiver Donte Stallworth. “When you can finally start easing out of the weight room and conditioning part of it, and get back into practicing and football-specific things, then that’s always the fun part.
“Monday will be the fun day, and I’m sure everyone is looking forward to it.”
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Report: Patriots Restructure Julian Edelman's Contract
- New England Patriots Links 5/24/13 - Chandler Jones 'Ramping Up' for Year...
- Bill Belichick and The Greatest Coaches Ever
- New England Patriots Links 5/23/13 - Amendola, Jenkins Top Receivers at...
- Patriots Claim OT Kevin Haslam; Waive R.J. Mattes
- Patriots Spend League High $140K In Guaranteed Money For UDFAs
- New England Patriots Links 5/22/13 - Talib: OTAs About 'Getting Down the...