NFL Films producer Greg Cosell talks about Tom Brady, Joe Flacco and Tim Tebow and what it means to be a ‘winner’
|05.30.12 at 1:26 pm ET|
We’ve already made it clear that we have a great level of respect for NFL Films producer Greg Cosell, having spoken with him on a number of topics regarding the Patriots, as well as the rest of the league. And in his latest blog post, he talks about the label of “winner” and what it means in today’s NFL.
Cosell looks at the case of New England quarterback Tom Brady. While acknowledging the greatness of Brady, Cosell wonders what his legacy would be if kicker Adam Vinatieri missed kicks at the end of Super Bowl XXXVI and XXXVIII and the Patriots ended up losing those games. “Would Brady’s performance have been any less impressive in those games? Obviously not,” writes Cosell. “What would be different is our collective perception of his performance. He would not have been acclaimed a ‘winner.'”
He also looks at applying the same idea to the careers of Joe Flacco (with a focus on the end of last season’s AFC championship loss to the Patriots), Peyton Manning and Tim Tebow and what the phrase “winner” has meant in relation to them over the last few seasons. In all, it’s a fascinating read.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England