Report: Patriots work out tight end Bo Scaife
|05.30.12 at 12:01 pm ET|
The Patriots had tight end Bo Scaife in for a workout, according to Aaron Wilson of Scout.com and the Carroll County Times. The 31-year-old Scaife is a 6-foot-3, 249-pounder who has played in the league for seven years, including six in Tennessee, posting a career-high 58 catches for 561 yards and two touchdowns with the Titans in 2008.
While the workout likely represents due diligence more than anything, the Patriots are continuing to round out their tight end group, at least throughout the offseason, as they were looking for extra bodies at last week’s OTA session (Rob Gronkowski and Daniel Fells did not practice). They had defensive end Alex Silvestro taking reps at tight end in that OTA practice, and signed undrafted free agent Nick Melillo on Tuesday.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots