Report: Patriots work out tight end Bo Scaife
|05.30.12 at 12:01 pm ET|
The Patriots had tight end Bo Scaife in for a workout, according to Aaron Wilson of Scout.com and the Carroll County Times. The 31-year-old Scaife is a 6-foot-3, 249-pounder who has played in the league for seven years, including six in Tennessee, posting a career-high 58 catches for 561 yards and two touchdowns with the Titans in 2008.
While the workout likely represents due diligence more than anything, the Patriots are continuing to round out their tight end group, at least throughout the offseason, as they were looking for extra bodies at last week’s OTA session (Rob Gronkowski and Daniel Fells did not practice). They had defensive end Alex Silvestro taking reps at tight end in that OTA practice, and signed undrafted free agent Nick Melillo on Tuesday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dane Fletcher, Brandon Spikes Are Best Backup Plan Patriots Could Hope...
- Top 10 Worst-to-First Championship Stories
- Creating Pats' Blueprint for Optimal Offense
- Predicting Patriots' 2015 Breakout Star
- Pats DE/OLB Breakdown and Depth Chart Analysis
- Breaking Down Pats' QB Depth
- Pats Landed Disruptive Interior Lineman in Brown