Patriots continue to provide support for Celtics during their playoff run
|06.04.12 at 11:57 am ET|
The Patriots continued to be a very visible presence at Celtics games this year with a strong and steady group at the Garden during Sunday’s Game 4. Head coach Bill Belichick, tight end Rob Gronkowski, linebacker Jerod Mayo, wide receiver Wes Welker (who has been a big advocate of his hometown Oklahoma City Thunder during the postseason), running back Kevin Faulk, wide receivers Brandon Lloyd, Julian Edelman and Donte Stallworth and defensive backs Sterling Moore and Ras-I Dowling were ail in attendance.
A freshly-shorn Gronkowski got the crowd going late in Sunday’s game when he was seen on the Jumbotron waving a towel and leading cheers.
The Wilfork family has been big fans of the Celtics for a long time, and Vince spoke last week about his admiration for the team, saying they have ‘a lot of heart,’ and adding, ‘I’m a big fan and they have a bunch of fans in my household.’ Because of that, don’t even think of intimating that he’s jumped on the Celtics bandwagon.
‘Another win for my Celtics!! Nothing like being there to cheer them on!! [I] grew up a Celtics fan, dont get it twisted. [This] isn’t [some] bandwagon [expletive] they’ve always been my team,’ he said Sunday night. ‘I went [to] college [in Miami] but the Celtics [are] my team.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It
- NFL1000: Why New England's Defense Can Carry Belichick to Another Super...
- Patriots vs. Dolphins: Full Report Card Grades for New England