Patriots continue to provide support for Celtics during their playoff run
|06.04.12 at 11:57 am ET|
The Patriots continued to be a very visible presence at Celtics games this year with a strong and steady group at the Garden during Sunday’s Game 4. Head coach Bill Belichick, tight end Rob Gronkowski, linebacker Jerod Mayo, wide receiver Wes Welker (who has been a big advocate of his hometown Oklahoma City Thunder during the postseason), running back Kevin Faulk, wide receivers Brandon Lloyd, Julian Edelman and Donte Stallworth and defensive backs Sterling Moore and Ras-I Dowling were ail in attendance.
A freshly-shorn Gronkowski got the crowd going late in Sunday’s game when he was seen on the Jumbotron waving a towel and leading cheers.
The Wilfork family has been big fans of the Celtics for a long time, and Vince spoke last week about his admiration for the team, saying they have ‘a lot of heart,’ and adding, ‘I’m a big fan and they have a bunch of fans in my household.’ Because of that, don’t even think of intimating that he’s jumped on the Celtics bandwagon.
‘Another win for my Celtics!! Nothing like being there to cheer them on!! [I] grew up a Celtics fan, dont get it twisted. [This] isn’t [some] bandwagon [expletive] they’ve always been my team,’ he said Sunday night. ‘I went [to] college [in Miami] but the Celtics [are] my team.’
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?
- Can Garoppolo Carry Patriots in Brady's Absence?