Troy Brown among former Patriots who are headed to ‘boot camp’
|06.04.12 at 4:04 pm ET|
Former Patriots wide receiver and kick returner Troy Brown will be one of 23 current and former players who will take part in the sixth annual ‘NFL Broadcast Bootcamp’ at NFL Films in Mt. Laurel, N.J., the league announced Monday. Brown, a co-host on WEEI’s ‘NFL Sunday’ and analyst for Comcast SportsNet, will be a part of the program, which will run from June 18-21.
The program, which runs from June 18-21, is directed by the NFL Player Engagement and NFL Broadcasting departments, and covers a wide range of topics with instructors from each of the NFL’s broadcast partners — CBS, ESPN, FOX, NBC, NFL Network, SiriusXM, Dial Global Radio, plus local radio and TV.
Brown will be one of several former New England players to take part this year. Chad Brown, who was a linebacker with the Patriots in 2005 and 2007, will also be there, as well as linebacker Corey Mays (who was on the New England roster from 2006-2007), quarterback Kevin O’Connell (2008) and kicker Shayne Graham (2010). Tackle Matt Light, defensive lineman Dan Klecko and safety Artrell Hawkins are among the former Patriots who have taken part in the program.
According to the NFL, of the 105 players who took part in the Broadcast Boot Camp from 2007 through 2011, 44 have earned broadcasting jobs as a result of their participation.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL