|Agent: Patriots claim former Giants TE Jake Ballard||06.12.12 at 5:27 pm ET|
According to agent Blake Baratz via twitter, the Patriots have claimed former Giants tight end Jake Ballard. The Ohio State product, who is recovering from a torn ACL and micro fracture knee surgery, was waived after failing a physical on Monday.
Ballard went undrafted in 2010 and was signed by Giants before eventually becoming a starter in 2011. He had 38 receptions for 604 yards and four touchdowns in the regular season last year. He suffered his knee injury during New York’s victory over the Patriots in Super Bowl XLVI.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Dwight Freeney Signs With Chargers; Pats Showed 'Last Minute Interest'
- USA Today: Gronkowski Dealing With Back Issue, Could Face (Another)...
- Patriots Sign Second-Round Pick Jamie Collins
- New England Patriots Links 5/17/13 - Hightower Understands Work Ethic...
- Rapoport: Gronkowski Forearm Surgery 'Imminent'; Likely To Be Monday
- Kyle Love Claimed By Jaguars; Joins Brandon Deaderick
- On Kyle Love