Bill Belichick and the coaching staff scrap the final day of minicamp
|06.14.12 at 1:10 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The Patriots followed the lead of some other NFL teams on Thursday, scrapping their final day of on-field work at minicamp.
Players were taped and ready to go for the start of practice shortly after noon on Thursday, but they found out from the coaches when they were on the field that practice had been called off. There’s still a series of Thursday afternoon meetings, but after that, they are free to leave.
Wide receiver Deion Branch said the move was “a shocker,” but added that he could recall similar situations “way back in the old days.”
“It’s good,” Branch added. “It’s been great. We’ve had a great offseason. We did a lot of good things. There’s a lot of things we have to work on when we come back for training camp. We’re looking forward to it.”
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?
- Can Garoppolo Carry Patriots in Brady's Absence?
- Latest on Patriots WR Danny Amendola's Injury
- Patriots Players on Notice After 2016 Offseason Roster Moves