Bill Belichick and the coaching staff scrap the final day of minicamp
|06.14.12 at 1:10 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The Patriots followed the lead of some other NFL teams on Thursday, scrapping their final day of on-field work at minicamp.
Players were taped and ready to go for the start of practice shortly after noon on Thursday, but they found out from the coaches when they were on the field that practice had been called off. There’s still a series of Thursday afternoon meetings, but after that, they are free to leave.
Wide receiver Deion Branch said the move was “a shocker,” but added that he could recall similar situations “way back in the old days.”
“It’s good,” Branch added. “It’s been great. We’ve had a great offseason. We did a lot of good things. There’s a lot of things we have to work on when we come back for training camp. We’re looking forward to it.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return