Bill Belichick: No updates on Andre Carter’s situation as it pertains to the Patriots
|06.14.12 at 2:42 pm ET|
“Nope. We’ll see how it goes,” Belichick said when asked about Carter, who remains an unrestricted free agent after spending the 2011 season with New England.
“The players who are here on the roster are on the roster. We’re at 90 so if somebody comes on, somebody else will have to go off. Might happen, might not, I don’t know. We’ll do what we think is best for the football team. We’ll evaluate whatever our options are. If we make a move, then there isn’t a spot there to make it, so somebody would have to move off if somebody moved on.”
The 33-year-old Carter, who suffered a season-ending injury last December in a win over the Broncos, finished last season with 10 sacks, tying a team-high. He recently spoke with CBSSports.com, and indicated he feels like he’d be ready by training camp, saying “when it comes to rehab there’s a certain timetable where you’re supposed to be, and I’ve surpassed that. I’m ahead of the game and headed in the right direction. Even though I know this injury takes a long time, my goal has been to be back for training camp. That’s my focus.” And his agent Carl Poston told WEEI.com in February that Carter would welcome a return to New England.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots