Bill Belichick: No updates on Andre Carter’s situation as it pertains to the Patriots
|06.14.12 at 2:42 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Patriots coach Bill Belichick said Thursday there’s no new updates on the status of defensive end Andre Carter, but left open the possibility of his return.
“Nope. We’ll see how it goes,” Belichick said when asked about Carter, who remains an unrestricted free agent after spending the 2011 season with New England.
“The players who are here on the roster are on the roster. We’re at 90 so if somebody comes on, somebody else will have to go off. Might happen, might not, I don’t know. We’ll do what we think is best for the football team. We’ll evaluate whatever our options are. If we make a move, then there isn’t a spot there to make it, so somebody would have to move off if somebody moved on.”
The 33-year-old Carter, who suffered a season-ending injury last December in a win over the Broncos, finished last season with 10 sacks, tying a team-high. He recently spoke with CBSSports.com, and indicated he feels like he’d be ready by training camp, saying “when it comes to rehab there’s a certain timetable where you’re supposed to be, and I’ve surpassed that. I’m ahead of the game and headed in the right direction. Even though I know this injury takes a long time, my goal has been to be back for training camp. That’s my focus.” And his agent Carl Poston told WEEI.com in February that Carter would welcome a return to New England.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- New England Patriots Links 6/19/13 - Patriots Dominate on First Down
- Police Searched Aaron Hernandez' Home For More than Two Hours
- Aaron Hernandez Questioned, Has Home Searched after Killing
- Report: Rob Gronkowski Back Surgery Completed and Successful
- Fantasy Outlook: Patriots RB Stevan Ridley
- The Top 20 Most Memorable Patriots Moments of 2012: Number 5
- New England Patriots Links 6/18/13 - Shane Vereen: Offense Has 'Sour...