Patriots get their AFC title rings
|06.14.12 at 9:21 am ET|
The Patriots received their AFC championship rings from owner Robert Kraft on Wednesday, and USA Today reporter Jarrett Bell shared some of the ring details in this story:
“The 14-karat, white gold ring was designed to capture the significance of the season, as the Patriots logo on the top of the ring is emblazoned with seven marquise diamonds that represent the seven AFC titles won by the franchise. The logo is surrounded by 32 round diamonds (representing the NFL’s 32 teams) that are enhanced with special cut garnet and blue sapphire stones.
“In all, each ring contains 73 diamonds for a total of 1.51 carats, the number representing the 73 players who appeared in at least one game last season.
“The left side of the ring features a blue sapphire stone with the initials ‘MHK’ for Myra, who died last July due to cancer.”
“It didn’t end the way we all hoped,” Kraft told the team, according to Bell, “but winning an AFC Championship Game at home in front of 70,000 fans is a great accomplishment and something that I will never forget.”
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...