Forbes: Patriots are world’s sixth-most valuable sports team
|07.16.12 at 3:45 pm ET|
The Patriots are the world’s sixth-most valuable sports team in the world, according to Forbes Magazine. Forbes estimates the worth of the franchise to be an estimated $1.4 billion, up from $1.37 billion last year.
The Patriots, who are tied for sixth overall with the Dodgers, come in third among all NFL teams — the Yankees and Cowboys were tied at third at $1.85 billion, and the Redskins were fifth at $1.56 billion. (Soccer club Manchester United and Real Madrid were ranked Nos. 1 and 2.)
Forbes, which also had New England at No. 6 last year, says the Patriots “are one of the NFL’s best-run teams on and off the field. The Patriots have sold out every game at Gillette Stadium since it opened in 2002 and made the playoffs eight of the past nine years. Quarterback Tom Brady is just the second quarterback, after John Elway, to lead his team to the Super Bowl five times. Brady’s last trip to the Super Bowl ended in disappointment when the Pats lost to the New York Giants for the second time in five seasons in the big game.”
For the complete look at the Forbes 50 list, click HERE.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Scarnecchia Has Tall Task Developing Pats' Young Offensive Line
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades