|POLL: Will 2012 be Wes Welker’s last year with the Patriots?||07.16.12 at 4:32 pm ET|
Per multiple reports, the Patriots and Wes Welker have not been able to reach an agreement on a long-term deal before the Monday deadline, and the receiver will now play out the 2012 season under his franchise tag of roughly $9.5 million.
Welker was hit with the franchise tag this spring, and under the current Collective Bargaining Agreement, the two sides had until Monday at 4 p.m. to reach an agreement on a long-term deal. However, the player and team were unable to come to an accord, which means they are prohibited from talking about a deal beyond 2012 until after the season.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Jason Vega Speaks With the Pulpit
- Rob Gronkowski Undergoes Successful Forearm Surgery
- Patriots Sign WR Mark Harrison, K David Ruffer; Fill Roster
- Brandon Spikes Absent From Patriots OTAs
- New England Patriots Links 5/20/13 - Brady Better Than Ever; OTAs Begin
- Dwight Freeney Signs With Chargers; Pats Showed 'Last Minute Interest'
- USA Today: Gronkowski Dealing With Back Issue, Could Face (Another)...