POLL: Will 2012 be Wes Welker’s last year with the Patriots?
|07.16.12 at 4:32 pm ET|
Per multiple reports, the Patriots and Wes Welker have not been able to reach an agreement on a long-term deal before the Monday deadline, and the receiver will now play out the 2012 season under his franchise tag of roughly $9.5 million.
Welker was hit with the franchise tag this spring, and under the current Collective Bargaining Agreement, the two sides had until Monday at 4 p.m. to reach an agreement on a long-term deal. However, the player and team were unable to come to an accord, which means they are prohibited from talking about a deal beyond 2012 until after the season.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Long Snapper, May Leave Team to Fulfill Navy Duty
- Scarnecchia Has Tall Task Developing Pats' Young Offensive Line
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions