Report: Dont’a Hightower’s contract worth $7.7M, with roughly $6.3M guaranteed
|07.19.12 at 7:51 pm ET|
While there’s no information yet on his base salaries, information has started to leak out about the four-year contract that was signed by Patriots rookie linebacker Dont’a Hightower. According to Aaron Wilson of scout.com, Hightower’s contract is worth $7.7 million, with nearly $6.3 million fully guaranteed.
By way of comparison, last year’s No. 25 pick — right tackle James Carpenter, taken by the Seahawks — signed a four-year, $7.641 million contract prior to the start of last season, a deal that contained $6.224 million guaranteed, including a $4.057 million signing bonus, per Rotoworld.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract
- Jimmy Garoppolo Reportedly May Remain with Patriots Despite Trade Rumors