Patriots-Saints will be faced with replacement refs on Thursday
|08.08.12 at 1:41 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Like the rest of the league, the Patriots and Saints will have a crew of replacement referees for Thursday night’s preseason game at Gillette. According to information distributed by the Patriots on Wednesday, the officiating crew is as follows: David White (referee), Mike Hannon (umpire), Ed Schmid (head linesman), Alvin Thomas (line judge), Keith Norman (field judge), Barry Wilson (side judge), Peter Shafer (back judge), Bob Shoulders (alternate), Carl Madsen (replay), Eugene Cunningham (video), Johnny Grier (supervisor), John Schleyer (observer).
While it’s tougher to find information on the professional tendencies of the replacement crews than it is with the regular guys, according to Football Zebras, White served as a head linesman in the Midwest Conference (Div. III) in 2011.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Garoppolo Comments on Opportunity to Start for Patriots
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL