Patriots-Saints will be faced with replacement refs on Thursday
|08.08.12 at 1:41 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Like the rest of the league, the Patriots and Saints will have a crew of replacement referees for Thursday night’s preseason game at Gillette. According to information distributed by the Patriots on Wednesday, the officiating crew is as follows: David White (referee), Mike Hannon (umpire), Ed Schmid (head linesman), Alvin Thomas (line judge), Keith Norman (field judge), Barry Wilson (side judge), Peter Shafer (back judge), Bob Shoulders (alternate), Carl Madsen (replay), Eugene Cunningham (video), Johnny Grier (supervisor), John Schleyer (observer).
While it’s tougher to find information on the professional tendencies of the replacement crews than it is with the regular guys, according to Football Zebras, White served as a head linesman in the Midwest Conference (Div. III) in 2011.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Favored over Cowboys in Marquee Matchup
- Pros, Cons of Patriots' Offensive Line Shuffling
- What's the Secret to Lewis' Sudden Stardom?
- Blount and Lewis Are Perfect 1-2 Punch in Pats Backfield
- Adjustments Patriots Must Make After Bye Week
- Where Does Brady's Hot Start Rank?
- Report: Bears Trade LB Bostic to Pats