Patriots-Saints will be faced with replacement refs on Thursday
|08.08.12 at 1:41 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Like the rest of the league, the Patriots and Saints will have a crew of replacement referees for Thursday night’s preseason game at Gillette. According to information distributed by the Patriots on Wednesday, the officiating crew is as follows: David White (referee), Mike Hannon (umpire), Ed Schmid (head linesman), Alvin Thomas (line judge), Keith Norman (field judge), Barry Wilson (side judge), Peter Shafer (back judge), Bob Shoulders (alternate), Carl Madsen (replay), Eugene Cunningham (video), Johnny Grier (supervisor), John Schleyer (observer).
While it’s tougher to find information on the professional tendencies of the replacement crews than it is with the regular guys, according to Football Zebras, White served as a head linesman in the Midwest Conference (Div. III) in 2011.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL