Ty Law believes this Patriots secondary can be winners if they ignore the noise
|08.18.12 at 11:10 am ET|
Ignore the noise.
It’s one of Belichick’s credos that Law believes will be essential for this group of cornerbacks to reach the next level.
“Stay the course and keep working hard,” Law said Friday. “You can’t get caught up in all the negative press because those other guys on the other team get paid, too, so you’re going to get beat. So, you’re going to want to keep your face out of the papers, off the TV and reading what we’re all talking about.”
Law saw the same thing but he believes McCourty and Arrington have to prove they can block out all the negatives and focus on improving, something both have shown in this camp at times.
“That can really get to you and once you have a few of those mental lapses and you start thinking about it, your game is going to go to crap,” Law said. “The next thing you know, they’re going to be shipping you to another team. Just stay the course, stay on the film and work with your safeties. I think that’s one thing most defensive backs and cornerbacks don’t do, they don’t get together enough.
“I remember when I played, we got together and we went out and ate together, we watched film together. We’d go out to somebody’s house and we’d get a keg of beer and we drank a couple of beers and watched film. That’s what you do. It builds camaraderie. If you can trust somebody off the field, you can trust them on the field and that’s what we did. That’s how we were able to be successful.”
Today, Law is going out to eating establishments but with a completely different focus. He’s into the family atmosphere as he’s getting ready to open a trampoline-themed eatery in Warwick, R.I. He was in Foxboro on Friday promoting his new business and is hopeful soon to open a similar one in Massachusetts.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL