|Target Practice: Who is the favorite target of the Patriots’ passing game this preseason?||08.20.12 at 1:05 pm ET|
Targets have been compiled by the NFL since the start of the 2009 season, and while it remains an imperfect stat — a badly thrown ball from a quarterback can often go against the record of the receiver as opposed to the quarterback — it remains a good indication of the confidence level a passer might have in his pass catcher. Here’s a look at the target breakdown for the New England passing game for the 2012 preseason:
Julian Edelman: Four catches on seven targets
Danny Woodhead: Three catches on three targets
Rob Gronkowski: Two catches on three targets
Jabar Gaffney: Two catches on three targets
Shane Vereen: Two catches on three targets
Eric Kettani: Two catches on two targets
Tyler Urban: One catch on one target
Aaron Hernandez: One catch on one target
Jeremy Ebert: One catch on two targets
Britt Davis: One catch on four targets
Donte’ Stallworth: One catch on two targets
Jesse Holley: Zero catches on three targets
Alex Silvestro: Zero catches on two targets
Brandon Bolden: Zero catches on one target
Matthew Slater: Zero catches on one target
Brandon Lloyd: Zero catches on one target
Wide receiver: Nine catches on 23 targets.
Running back: Seven catches on nine targets.
Tight end: Four catches on seven targets.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Bill Belichick and The Greatest Coaches Ever
- New England Patriots Links 5/23/13 - Amendola, Jenkins Top Receivers at...
- Patriots Claim OT Kevin Haslam; Waive R.J. Mattes
- Patriots Spend League High $140K In Guaranteed Money For UDFAs
- New England Patriots Links 5/22/13 - Talib: OTAs About 'Getting Down the...
- The Potential Importance Of Jake Ballard
- Four Missing From Second Day Of Patriots OTAs