Report: Andre Carter works out for Raiders, has visit scheduled with Rams
|08.22.12 at 12:44 am ET|
Former Patriots defensive end Andre Carter is a man in demand.
Carter, an unrestricted free agent and former Cal standout who recorded 10 sacks last season with the Patriots before a calf injury ended his season in December, spent Tuesday afternoon working out for the Raiders, according to this report. And then late Tuesday evening, it was revealed Carter has a visit scheduled with the Rams.
Carter enjoyed a fantastic year in his one season with New England, and his agent told WEEI.com at the combine in February that the veteran would certainly be open to a return to New England. But it certainly appears that the 33-year-old is interested in testing the market.
Raiders coach Dennis Allen said of Carter, ‘We’re shaking all the bushes and seeing what falls out, and if we feel like we’ve got something that can help us, we’re going to do it.’
‘I’ve got to stay low key’ Carter told Bay Area reporters who asked him about his workout with Oakland. ‘If it works out, God willing … ‘
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL