Report: Andre Carter works out for Raiders, has visit scheduled with Rams
|08.22.12 at 12:44 am ET|
Former Patriots defensive end Andre Carter is a man in demand.
Carter, an unrestricted free agent and former Cal standout who recorded 10 sacks last season with the Patriots before a calf injury ended his season in December, spent Tuesday afternoon working out for the Raiders, according to this report. And then late Tuesday evening, it was revealed Carter has a visit scheduled with the Rams.
Carter enjoyed a fantastic year in his one season with New England, and his agent told WEEI.com at the combine in February that the veteran would certainly be open to a return to New England. But it certainly appears that the 33-year-old is interested in testing the market.
Raiders coach Dennis Allen said of Carter, “We’re shaking all the bushes and seeing what falls out, and if we feel like we’ve got something that can help us, we’re going to do it.”
“I’ve got to stay low key” Carter told Bay Area reporters who asked him about his workout with Oakland. “If it works out, God willing … “
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick