Target Practice: Who was the favorite target of the Patriots passing game this preseason?
|08.31.12 at 12:40 pm ET|
Targets have been compiled by the NFL since the start of the 2009 season, and while it remains an imperfect stat ‘ a badly thrown ball from a quarterback can often go against the record of the receiver as opposed to the quarterback ‘ it remains a good indication of the confidence level a passer might have in his pass catcher. Here’s a look at the target breakdown for the New England passing game for the 2012 preseason:
RB Shane Vereen: Six catches on eight targets
TE Aaron Hernandez: Six catches on eight targets
WR Julian Edelman: Six catches on 10 targets
TE Alex Silvestro: Six catches on 10 targets
WR Jeremy Ebert: Six catches on 12 targets
RB Eric Kettani: Five catches on six targets
WR Donte’ Stallworth: Five catches on 12 targets
WR Deion Branch: Four catches on five targets
TE Rob Gronkowski: Four catches on five targets
RB Danny Woodhead: Four catches on seven targets
RB Brandon Bolden: Four catches on 12 targets
RB Stevan Ridley: Three catches on five targets
RB Jeff Demps: Three catches on six targets
WR Jesse Holley: Three catches on 12 targets
WR Jabar Gaffney: Two catches on three targets
WR Kerry Taylor: Two catches on four targets
TE Tyler Urban: One catch on two targets
WR Brandon Lloyd: One catch on four targets
WR Britt Davis: One catch on four targets
WR Matthew Slater: Zero catches on two targets
Wide receiver: 30 catches on 68 targets
Running back: 25 catches on 44 targets
Tight end: 17 catches on 25 targets
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...