An updated look at the Patriots roster
|09.01.12 at 10:03 pm ET|
With a handful of moves coming Saturday — and the understanding that things could still change between now and the opener on Sept. 9 — here’s a look at the current Patriots’ roster:
Quarterback (2): Tom Brady, Ryan Mallett.
Running back (4): Brandon Bolden, Stevan Ridley, Shane Vereen, Danny Woodhead.
Tight end (4) Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Daniel Fells, Visanthe Shiancoe.
Wide receivers (5): Wes Welker, Brandon Lloyd, Julian Edelman, Matthew Slater, Greg Salas.
Offensive line (9): Nate Solder, Marcus Cannon, Logan Mankins, Dan Connolly, Ryan Wendell, Donald Thomas, Nick McDonald, Sebastian Vollmer, Matt Tennant.
Defensive tackle (5): Vince Wilfork, Kyle Love, Brandon Deaderick, Ron Brace, Macus Forston.
Defensive end (6): Chandler Jones, Rob Ninkovich, Jermaine Cunningham, Trevor Scott, Justin Francis, Jake Bequette.
Linebacker (5): Jerod Mayo, Dont’a Hightower, Brandon Spikes, Tracy White, Mike Rivera.
Cornerback (6): Devin McCourty, Kyle Arrington, Ras-I Dowling, Marquice Cole, Sterling Moore, Alfonzo Dennard.
Safety (4): Pat Chung, Steve Gregory, Nate Ebner, Tavon Wilson.
Special Teams (3):
Kicker Stephen Gostkowski, punter Zoltan Mesko, long snapper Danny Aiken.
Practice squad (7):
G Thomas Austin, FB Eric Kettani, WR Sam Kirkland, OT Matt Kopa, TE Alex Silvestro, LB Jeff Tarpinian, DB Malcolm Williams.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal