Patriots add Brown product James Develin to practice squad
|09.02.12 at 3:48 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Sunday they’ve signed free agent running back James Develin to the practice squad.
Develin, 24, spent the entire 2011 season and postseason on the Bengals practice squad. The 6-foot-3, 251-pounder was originally signed to the Bengals practice squad out of the United Football League late in 2010 for the final five games of the season.
Develin, who played defensive line at Brown from 2006-09, was signed by the UFL’s Florida Tuskers in 2010 and converted to fullback. He did not have a carry during the regular season, but caught three passes for 17 yards and one catch for 26 yards in the championship game against Las Vegas.
As a senior in 2009 at Brown, Develin led the team in sacks (5.0) and tackles for loss (16). He also posted 53 total tackles, one interception and two fumble recoveries. As a junior in 2008, he registered 34 tackles, 3.0 sacks and 9.5 tackles for loss.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- New England Patriots Links 6/19/13 - Patriots Dominate on First Down
- Police Searched Aaron Hernandez' Home For More than Two Hours
- Aaron Hernandez Questioned, Has Home Searched after Killing
- Report: Rob Gronkowski Back Surgery Completed and Successful
- Fantasy Outlook: Patriots RB Stevan Ridley
- The Top 20 Most Memorable Patriots Moments of 2012: Number 5
- New England Patriots Links 6/18/13 - Shane Vereen: Offense Has 'Sour...