Brandon Lloyd: ‘We all knew what we were getting into’
|09.03.12 at 12:47 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Brandon Lloyd is a fast learner.
He realized quickly in New England to take nothing for granted, pay attention to every detail and not speak out of line.
He demonstrated all of those traits this week in speaking to the media inside the Patriots locker room.
‘It’s always exciting to make an NFL roster,” said Lloyd, who was the prize addition to the wide receiver corps in the offseason. “There’s always a doubt. Nothing’s ever for certain. I’ve prepared and in shape and ready to go. There’s always a level of excitement.”
‘Nothing’s for certain. It was a competitive camp,” Lloyd said. “I haven’t been in a camp that was that competitive at the wide receiver position where guys had so much past experience with the starting quarterback, had success in the NFL and then were all battling out for a couple of spots.
‘It was definitely competitive. That’s the just the way it shook out. We all understood what we were competing for by signing here. It was up to the coaching staff and ultimately how we practiced and played to make the team.’
One receiver that is on the roster is late addition Greg Salas, a former teammate from his days with the Rams. But Lloyd would not reveal much more.
‘I can identify him,” said Lloyd with a healthy, booming laugh.
Lloyd acknowledged that playing for the Patriots is a different experience than playing for the Redskins, Bears, Broncos and Rams.
‘We all knew what we were getting into by coming to training camp here in New England and I think we all did our best to make the team and be productive members of the roster,” Lloyd said. ‘I think it’s just the attention to details. Everybody is really focused on doing the small things right and that’s from the coaching staff down to the players. So, I think that’s what separates them.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL