A closer look at the inactives for the Patriots
|09.09.12 at 11:49 am ET|
The following players are inactive for Sunday’s game against the Titans: Cornerback Alfonzo Dennard; running back Shane Vereen; offensive lineman Nick McDonald; tight end Daniel Fells, defensive ends Justin Francis and Jake Bequette; defensive tackle Marcus Forston.
Vereen and McDonald were hobbled over the course of the week, and are no surprises. Fells also had a shin problem that he’s dealt with over the last week. Dennard spent a lot of the summer on the shelf because of a hamstring problem, and while he did return late in the preseason, he’s still likely behind a little bit. Meanwhile, youngsters Bequette, Francis and Forston are personnel decisions.
It’s probably more interesting to see who is not listed, a group that includes new tight end Michael Hoomanawanui, wide receive Greg Salas and running back/fullback Lex Hilliard.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...