A closer look at the inactives for the Patriots
|09.09.12 at 11:49 am ET|
The following players are inactive for Sunday’s game against the Titans: Cornerback Alfonzo Dennard; running back Shane Vereen; offensive lineman Nick McDonald; tight end Daniel Fells, defensive ends Justin Francis and Jake Bequette; defensive tackle Marcus Forston.
Vereen and McDonald were hobbled over the course of the week, and are no surprises. Fells also had a shin problem that he’s dealt with over the last week. Dennard spent a lot of the summer on the shelf because of a hamstring problem, and while he did return late in the preseason, he’s still likely behind a little bit. Meanwhile, youngsters Bequette, Francis and Forston are personnel decisions.
It’s probably more interesting to see who is not listed, a group that includes new tight end Michael Hoomanawanui, wide receive Greg Salas and running back/fullback Lex Hilliard.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Long Snapper, May Leave Team to Fulfill Navy Duty
- Scarnecchia Has Tall Task Developing Pats' Young Offensive Line
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions