|A closer look at the inactives for the Patriots||09.09.12 at 11:49 am ET|
The following players are inactive for Sunday’s game against the Titans: Cornerback Alfonzo Dennard; running back Shane Vereen; offensive lineman Nick McDonald; tight end Daniel Fells, defensive ends Justin Francis and Jake Bequette; defensive tackle Marcus Forston.
Vereen and McDonald were hobbled over the course of the week, and are no surprises. Fells also had a shin problem that he’s dealt with over the last week. Dennard spent a lot of the summer on the shelf because of a hamstring problem, and while he did return late in the preseason, he’s still likely behind a little bit. Meanwhile, youngsters Bequette, Francis and Forston are personnel decisions.
It’s probably more interesting to see who is not listed, a group that includes new tight end Michael Hoomanawanui, wide receive Greg Salas and running back/fullback Lex Hilliard.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Four Missing From Second Day Of Patriots OTAs
- The Top 20 Most Memorable Patriots Moments of 2012: Number 8
- New England Patriots Links 5/21/13 - Watching for Early Signs of...
- Tedy Bruschi Elected To Patriots Hall Of Fame
- Jason Vega Speaks With the Pulpit
- Rob Gronkowski Undergoes Successful Forearm Surgery
- Patriots Sign WR Mark Harrison, K David Ruffer; Fill Roster