A closer look at the inactives for the Patriots
|09.09.12 at 11:49 am ET|
The following players are inactive for Sunday’s game against the Titans: Cornerback Alfonzo Dennard; running back Shane Vereen; offensive lineman Nick McDonald; tight end Daniel Fells, defensive ends Justin Francis and Jake Bequette; defensive tackle Marcus Forston.
Vereen and McDonald were hobbled over the course of the week, and are no surprises. Fells also had a shin problem that he’s dealt with over the last week. Dennard spent a lot of the summer on the shelf because of a hamstring problem, and while he did return late in the preseason, he’s still likely behind a little bit. Meanwhile, youngsters Bequette, Francis and Forston are personnel decisions.
It’s probably more interesting to see who is not listed, a group that includes new tight end Michael Hoomanawanui, wide receive Greg Salas and running back/fullback Lex Hilliard.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...