Bill Belichick: Rookies haven’t proven anything
|09.12.12 at 1:30 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Bill Belichick was probably waiting for somebody to ask about the rookies on Wednesday, three days after their first three draft picks combined for a strip sack, a fumble recovery for a touchdown and an interception.
Perhaps the biggest play of the Patriots’ Week 1 victory over the Titans came when 21st overall pick Chandler Jones stripped the ball from Titans quarterback Jake Locker, with 25th overall pick Dont’a Hightower scooping the ball up and running it six yards into the endzone in the second quarter.
When he was asked whether the rookies need to be reminded that they only played one game and to not dwell on the past, Belichick talked about them like they had cost the team a win rather than help deliver them one.
“Are you kidding me? They’ve played one game,” Belichick said. “I don’t think any rookie’s got all the answers after one game. I don’t think any experienced coach has the answers after one game either. I think it’s one game. Everybody needs to be coached, everybody needs to improve. There’s a lot of things that everybody needs to do better, and I would put the rookies at the absolute top of that list. Like, not behind anybody. They would be No. 1. It’s going to get a lot harder for them before it gets easier. I can tell you that.”
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- New England Patriots Links 6/19/13 - Patriots Dominate on First Down
- Police Searched Aaron Hernandez' Home For More than Two Hours
- Aaron Hernandez Questioned, Has Home Searched after Killing
- Report: Rob Gronkowski Back Surgery Completed and Successful
- Fantasy Outlook: Patriots RB Stevan Ridley
- The Top 20 Most Memorable Patriots Moments of 2012: Number 5
- New England Patriots Links 6/18/13 - Shane Vereen: Offense Has 'Sour...