|Patriots sign S Cyhl Quarles and release TE Alex Silvestro||09.12.12 at 12:44 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The Patriots announced Wednesday that they have signed safety Cyhl Quarles to the practice squad and released practice squad tight end Alex Silvestro.
Quarles, 23, was originally signed by the Ravens as a rookie free agent out of Wake Forest on May 11. The 6-foot-3, 212-pounder was released by Baltimore on Aug. 31. In 50 career games at Wake Forest, he totaled 239 tackles, two interceptions, six passes defensed, two forced fumbles and 1 fumble recovery.
Silvestro, 23, originally joined the Patriots a rookie free agent defensive lineman from Rutgers in 2011. The 6-foot-3, 260-pounder, spent the majority of his rookie season on the New England practice squad. He was signed to the 53-man roster prior to the Patriots game vs. Miami last season and played in a reserve role, finishing with two total tackles. Silvestro returned to the practice squad before being signed to the 53-man roster the day before the Super Bowl. He was active but did not play in the game. Silvestro converted to tight end in the offseason. He was released by the Patriots at the end of training camp this year and was signed to the practice squad.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Patriots Claim OT Kevin Haslam; Waive R.J. Mattes
- Patriots Spend League High $140K In Guaranteed Money For UDFAs
- New England Patriots Links 5/22/13 - Talib: OTAs About 'Getting Down the...
- The Potential Importance Of Jake Ballard
- Four Missing From Second Day Of Patriots OTAs
- The Top 20 Most Memorable Patriots Moments of 2012: Number 8
- New England Patriots Links 5/21/13 - Watching for Early Signs of...