Key Moment: Stephen Gostkowski missed FG gives Cardinals a shocking win
|09.16.12 at 4:29 pm ET|
The key moment in Sunday’s 20-18 loss to the Cardinals came with seven seconds left in the fourth quarter, as Stephen Gostkowski missed a 42-yard field goal following an improbable Ryan Williams fumble with 1:01 left in the game that gave the Patriots a chance to win a game they didn’t deserve.
The Patriots were seemingly finished at the time of the fumble, out of timeouts and in need of a football miracle,a miracle that appeared to be granted as Brandon Spikes forced the fumble on Williams and Vince Wilfork recovered at the Arizona 30.
Following a Danny Woodhead rush for a TD that was wiped out by a Rob Gronkowski holding call, Tom Brady took a knee and then spiked the ball on the next two plays to set up Gostkowksi, who had made all four field goals, including two of more than 50 yards. But he was unable to convert on a fifth, missing wide left and giving the Cardinals a shocking victory at Gillette Stadium.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brissett Is Patriots' Most Important Rookie
- Malcolm Butler Contract: Latest News, Rumors
- Patriots DT Plans to Recruit Kevin Durant to Celtics
- Patriots Feature Formidable 3-Man Pass-Rush Rotation
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension