Key Moment: Stephen Gostkowski missed FG gives Cardinals a shocking win
|09.16.12 at 4:29 pm ET|
The key moment in Sunday’s 20-18 loss to the Cardinals came with seven seconds left in the fourth quarter, as Stephen Gostkowski missed a 42-yard field goal following an improbable Ryan Williams fumble with 1:01 left in the game that gave the Patriots a chance to win a game they didn’t deserve.
The Patriots were seemingly finished at the time of the fumble, out of timeouts and in need of a football miracle,a miracle that appeared to be granted as Brandon Spikes forced the fumble on Williams and Vince Wilfork recovered at the Arizona 30.
Following a Danny Woodhead rush for a TD that was wiped out by a Rob Gronkowski holding call, Tom Brady took a knee and then spiked the ball on the next two plays to set up Gostkowksi, who had made all four field goals, including two of more than 50 yards. But he was unable to convert on a fifth, missing wide left and giving the Cardinals a shocking victory at Gillette Stadium.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...