Target Practice: Tracking opportunities in Patriots passing game
|09.25.12 at 8:46 am ET|
Targets have been compiled by the NFL since the start of the 2009 season, and while it remains an imperfect stat ‘ a badly thrown ball from a quarterback can often go against the record of the receiver as opposed to the quarterback ‘ it remains a good indication of the confidence level a passer might have in his pass catcher. Here’s a look at the target breakdown for the New England passing game through the first three weeks of the 2012 regular season:
WR Brandon Lloyd: 22 catches on 31 targets
WR Wes Welker: 16 catches on 26 targets
TE Rob Gronkowski: 14 catches on 18 targets
WR Julian Edelman: 10 catches on 15 targets
TE Aaron Hernandez: Six catches on eight targets
RB Stevan Ridley: Five catches on eight targets
WR Deion Branch: Two catches on three targets
RB Danny Woodhead: Two catches on three targets
TE Kellen Winslow: One catch on two targets
TE Michael Hoomanawanui: One catch on one target
Wide receiver: 50 catches on 75 targets
Tight end: 22 catches on 29 targets
Running back: 7 catches on 11 targets
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?
- Can Garoppolo Carry Patriots in Brady's Absence?