Target Practice: Tracking opportunities in Patriots passing game
|09.25.12 at 8:46 am ET|
Targets have been compiled by the NFL since the start of the 2009 season, and while it remains an imperfect stat ‘ a badly thrown ball from a quarterback can often go against the record of the receiver as opposed to the quarterback ‘ it remains a good indication of the confidence level a passer might have in his pass catcher. Here’s a look at the target breakdown for the New England passing game through the first three weeks of the 2012 regular season:
WR Brandon Lloyd: 22 catches on 31 targets
WR Wes Welker: 16 catches on 26 targets
TE Rob Gronkowski: 14 catches on 18 targets
WR Julian Edelman: 10 catches on 15 targets
TE Aaron Hernandez: Six catches on eight targets
RB Stevan Ridley: Five catches on eight targets
WR Deion Branch: Two catches on three targets
RB Danny Woodhead: Two catches on three targets
TE Kellen Winslow: One catch on two targets
TE Michael Hoomanawanui: One catch on one target
Wide receiver: 50 catches on 75 targets
Tight end: 22 catches on 29 targets
Running back: 7 catches on 11 targets
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...