Brandon Bolden: In second half it was all about ‘composure’
|09.30.12 at 7:30 pm ET|
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — Even undrafted rookie running back Brandon Bolden knew what it was going to take to get the Patriots back in the game Sunday when they trailed 21-7 in the third quarter.
“Composure,” Bolden said. “You have to keep composure no matter what happens on the field. We could have been down four touchdowns, or we could have been down 10 touchdowns. You just have to keep your composure and go out there and do your job.”
Bolden helped the Patriots make history Sunday in a 52-28 win over the Bills at Ralph Wilson Stadium. The Ole Miss product gained 137 yards on just 16 carries and ran for his second touchdown in as many games helping the Patriots notch a pair of 100-yard rushers for the first time in 32 years. Bolden and Stevan Ridley — with 106 yards and two TDs on 22 carries — were part of a Patriots rushing attack that gained 247 yards on 40 carries.
“We just stuck to the game plan, and I did what I was asked to do,” Bolden said afterward. “We made the best out of every opportunity.”
Bolden was also part of NFL history as the Patriots became just the second team in NFL history with a pair of 100-yard rushers and a pair of 100-yard receivers as Wes Welker and Rob Gronkowski each caught 11 passes. Welker gained 129 yards and Gronkowski gained 104. Bolden deferred all questions about the game plan to offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels and head coach Bill Belichick.
“You have to ask the offensive coordinator and coach because I have no idea,” Bolden said. “I was just doing what I had to do.”
Then Bolden had some fun with reporters.
“No offense, but it’s just like how you guys work to ask questions all day,” said Bolden with a smile. “Think about getting that perfect answer, and that’s how it feels. We get out there and do what we do, and it just feels great. All of that hard work.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL
- Houston Texans vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick