Ex-Patriots center Dan Koppen likely to start against New England this weekend
|10.01.12 at 3:53 pm ET|
Welcome back, Dan Koppen.
In the wake of the injury to Broncos starting center J.D. Walton in Sunday’s win over the Raiders, the former Patriots center — who was signed by Denver last month — is expected to get the start this Sunday when the Broncos visits Gillette Stadium.
The 6-foot-2, 300-pound Koppen, who was a fifth-round pick by New England in 2003 out of Boston College, started 120 games over eight season with the Patriots before suffering a fractured ankle midway through the 2011 opener against the Dolphins. The injury landed him on season-ending IR, and after an up-and-down camp, he was released by New England on Aug. 31.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick