Brandon Lloyd: Champ Bailey taught me importance of ‘finishing the play’
|10.03.12 at 5:40 pm ET|
What did he learn?
‘They were good battles,’ Lloyd said. ‘I learned a lot from him, just from a technique standpoint, catching and finishing the play because Champ is one of the only cornerbacks I’ve gone against that that play is never over. He can catch the ball, and if you’re not bringing it in or if you’re not protecting it, then he will find a way to get it out.’
Lloyd is now going to be facing Bailey, with 50 career interceptions, for real on Sunday. But that doesn’t mean Bailey will be on Lloyd all day since he could be lined up against a receiver or tight end at the snap.
‘Champ is a very talented kid when it comes to his film study and how he plays out there,’ Lloyd said. ‘I’m sure that the coaching staff is going to do a good job of mixing up the routes and combinations that we’re doing out there.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Free-Agent OL Pats Should Target This Offseason
- FA WRs Patriots Should Target This Offseason
- Report: Montee Ball Released by Patriots
- Free-Agent RBs Patriots Should Consider This Offseason
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty