Brandon Lloyd: Champ Bailey taught me importance of ‘finishing the play’
|10.03.12 at 5:40 pm ET|
What did he learn?
‘They were good battles,’ Lloyd said. ‘I learned a lot from him, just from a technique standpoint, catching and finishing the play because Champ is one of the only cornerbacks I’ve gone against that that play is never over. He can catch the ball, and if you’re not bringing it in or if you’re not protecting it, then he will find a way to get it out.’
Lloyd is now going to be facing Bailey, with 50 career interceptions, for real on Sunday. But that doesn’t mean Bailey will be on Lloyd all day since he could be lined up against a receiver or tight end at the snap.
‘Champ is a very talented kid when it comes to his film study and how he plays out there,’ Lloyd said. ‘I’m sure that the coaching staff is going to do a good job of mixing up the routes and combinations that we’re doing out there.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video
- Photos of Tom Brady's Previously Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Revealed