Brandon Bolden has ‘blinders’ on as he continues to keep his focus on field
|10.04.12 at 12:49 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Brandon Bolden isn’t looking back, only forward.
The rookie running back, who finished with 16 carries for 137 yards and a touchdown last week against the Bills, isn’t resting on his accomplishments. He said before practice on Thursday that the focus has now moved on to the Broncos, saying that he has “blinders” on.
“[You don’t] worry about last week. Last week happened; now we’re getting ready for Denver. We have them coming here,” he said. “Just forget about it. It was a game. You see that: ‘Yeah, yay, yippee.’ Everybody was happy. But it happened, it’s in the past, and now, we’re moving on.”
An undrafted free agent out of Ole Miss, the 5-foot-11, 220-pound running back said he isn’t sure how he’s going to fit into the game plan this weekend.
“I have no clue. Like I said, you never know,” Bolden said. “We might go in one game and do something different from what we expected and we have to change it. You don’t know. So I don’t know.
“Going into every week of practice, you go in and try and learn as much of the game plan as you can in case your number does get called, you have the opportunity to go execute everything.”
Four games into his professional career, Bolden said there haven’t been a whole lot of surprises.
“Really, I haven’t had much of a surprise, per se,” he said. “I had a great job working with our entire [team] this spring, when I first got here. Everybody kind of jump started me ahead of time and let me know what to look for — this and that. And then, getting in with the older guys, watching film and seeing how they take notes and everything and kind of preparing you for the entire season.
“My first four [games], things have been pretty much the pace they prepared me for, and things are still going according to plan.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Joe Mixon Reportedly Removed from Patriots' Draft Board Due to Assault...
- Roger Goodell to Attend Patriots Home Opener, 1st Foxboro Trip Since...
- Robert Kraft 'Would Love' for Darrelle Revis to Return to Patriots
- Ideal Second-Round Fits for New England Patriots in 2017 NFL Draft
- Robert Kraft Discusses Restricted Free-Agent Malcolm Butler's Contract...
- Tom Brady Told Robert Kraft He'd Like to Play 6-7 More NFL Seasons
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text