Bill Belichick kind of responds to Wes Welker’s comment
|10.08.12 at 3:41 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Patriots coach Bill Belichick was asked about receiver Wes Welker‘s comment about “sticking it” in the coach’s face with his 13-catch performance Sunday, a comment Belichick said he hadn’t heard.
Appearing on Comcast SportsNet’s postgame show, Welker was asked about catching his increased targets and numbers compared to earlier in the season.
“Yeah, it’s kind of nice to stick it in Bill’s face once in a while,” Welker replied with a wink. “So this is definitely a good one.”
When Belichick was asked whether he took exception with Welker’s comment, he responded, “No, I didn’t really see the comment though.”
When the reporter tried to explain what Welker had said, Belichick responded, “You should ask him what he meant by it.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Griff Whalen to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?