Bill Belichick kind of responds to Wes Welker’s comment
|10.08.12 at 3:41 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Patriots coach Bill Belichick was asked about receiver Wes Welker‘s comment about “sticking it” in the coach’s face with his 13-catch performance Sunday, a comment Belichick said he hadn’t heard.
Appearing on Comcast SportsNet’s postgame show, Welker was asked about catching his increased targets and numbers compared to earlier in the season.
“Yeah, it’s kind of nice to stick it in Bill’s face once in a while,” Welker replied with a wink. “So this is definitely a good one.”
When Belichick was asked whether he took exception with Welker’s comment, he responded, “No, I didn’t really see the comment though.”
When the reporter tried to explain what Welker had said, Belichick responded, “You should ask him what he meant by it.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Even Patriots Haters Should Marvel at Historic Greatness of Brady and Co.
- Tom Brady, Bill Belichick Clinch Record 7th Super Bowl Appearance
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction