Bill Belichick kind of responds to Wes Welker’s comment
|10.08.12 at 3:41 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Patriots coach Bill Belichick was asked about receiver Wes Welker‘s comment about “sticking it” in the coach’s face with his 13-catch performance Sunday, a comment Belichick said he hadn’t heard.
Appearing on Comcast SportsNet’s postgame show, Welker was asked about catching his increased targets and numbers compared to earlier in the season.
“Yeah, it’s kind of nice to stick it in Bill’s face once in a while,” Welker replied with a wink. “So this is definitely a good one.”
When Belichick was asked whether he took exception with Welker’s comment, he responded, “No, I didn’t really see the comment though.”
When the reporter tried to explain what Welker had said, Belichick responded, “You should ask him what he meant by it.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Garoppolo Comments on Opportunity to Start for Patriots
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL