Bill Belichick kind of responds to Wes Welker’s comment
|10.08.12 at 3:41 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Patriots coach Bill Belichick was asked about receiver Wes Welker‘s comment about “sticking it” in the coach’s face with his 13-catch performance Sunday, a comment Belichick said he hadn’t heard.
Appearing on Comcast SportsNet’s postgame show, Welker was asked about catching his increased targets and numbers compared to earlier in the season.
“Yeah, it’s kind of nice to stick it in Bill’s face once in a while,” Welker replied with a wink. “So this is definitely a good one.”
When Belichick was asked whether he took exception with Welker’s comment, he responded, “No, I didn’t really see the comment though.”
When the reporter tried to explain what Welker had said, Belichick responded, “You should ask him what he meant by it.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video
- Photos of Tom Brady's Previously Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Revealed