Pete Carroll: Only team that matches Patriots’ tempo is Oregon
|10.10.12 at 4:37 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Seahawks coach Pete Carroll has only seen one other football team come close to the sort of tempo the Patriots have approached the last couple of weeks.
“The Oregon Ducks. They’re the ones that play similar to this,” Carroll said on a Wednesday afternoon conference call with New England media members. “I’m sure there are some other college teams that have done it, but there’s nobody in the league that’s close at this time.
“But there will be. They will affect other people, I’m sure, because they’ve had so much success already. It’s their willingness to go this fast as consistently as they have demonstrated that separates them from other teams.”
Carroll said the best way to combat that sort of tempo is to be just as fast yourself.
“You have to play really fast — you have to play really fast,” Carroll said. “We’ll see if we can get lined up and execute like we’re capable. They’re hoping we don’t. You can see that teams they just rushed against — Buffalo and Denver — they’re not going to give up 200 yards rushing in the next couple of games. They had to deal with New England’s tempo and a style that they were not able to play like they normally play.
“There is nobody that has tried to play like [the Patriots] play,” he added. “They’ve taken on a different approach and philosophy that I think singles them out, in their commitment to their tempo. It’s cool to watch.”
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Aaron Hernandez Questioned, Has Home Searched after Killing
- Report: Rob Gronkowski Back Surgery Completed and Successful
- Fantasy Outlook: Patriots RB Stevan Ridley
- The Top 20 Most Memorable Patriots Moments of 2012: Number 5
- New England Patriots Links 6/18/13 - Shane Vereen: Offense Has 'Sour...
- New England Patriots Links 6/17/13 - Leon Washington Hopes to Contribute...
- New England Patriots Links 6/14/13 - WRs: It's Amendola, Everyone Else