Pete Carroll: Only team that matches Patriots’ tempo is Oregon
|10.10.12 at 4:37 pm ET|
‘The Oregon Ducks. They’re the ones that play similar to this,’ Carroll said on a Wednesday afternoon conference call with New England media members. ‘I’m sure there are some other college teams that have done it, but there’s nobody in the league that’s close at this time.
‘But there will be. They will affect other people, I’m sure, because they’ve had so much success already. It’s their willingness to go this fast as consistently as they have demonstrated that separates them from other teams.”
Carroll said the best way to combat that sort of tempo is to be just as fast yourself.
‘You have to play really fast — you have to play really fast,’ Carroll said. ‘We’ll see if we can get lined up and execute like we’re capable. They’re hoping we don’t. You can see that teams they just rushed against — Buffalo and Denver — they’re not going to give up 200 yards rushing in the next couple of games. They had to deal with New England’s tempo and a style that they were not able to play like they normally play.
‘There is nobody that has tried to play like [the Patriots] play,’ he added. ‘They’ve taken on a different approach and philosophy that I think singles them out, in their commitment to their tempo. It’s cool to watch.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...