Pete Carroll: Only team that matches Patriots’ tempo is Oregon
|10.10.12 at 4:37 pm ET|
‘The Oregon Ducks. They’re the ones that play similar to this,’ Carroll said on a Wednesday afternoon conference call with New England media members. ‘I’m sure there are some other college teams that have done it, but there’s nobody in the league that’s close at this time.
‘But there will be. They will affect other people, I’m sure, because they’ve had so much success already. It’s their willingness to go this fast as consistently as they have demonstrated that separates them from other teams.”
Carroll said the best way to combat that sort of tempo is to be just as fast yourself.
‘You have to play really fast — you have to play really fast,’ Carroll said. ‘We’ll see if we can get lined up and execute like we’re capable. They’re hoping we don’t. You can see that teams they just rushed against — Buffalo and Denver — they’re not going to give up 200 yards rushing in the next couple of games. They had to deal with New England’s tempo and a style that they were not able to play like they normally play.
‘There is nobody that has tried to play like [the Patriots] play,’ he added. ‘They’ve taken on a different approach and philosophy that I think singles them out, in their commitment to their tempo. It’s cool to watch.’
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots Star Danny Amendola's Injuries
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty