Aaron Hernandez misses practice, could be game-time decision vs. Seahawks
|10.12.12 at 12:26 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez had a bag packed for Seattle and coach Bill Belichick said he “could be a game-time decision” for Sunday’s game against the Seahawks, but Hernandez was one of three Patriots not on the field as the team held practice on Friday.
In addition to Hernandez, who has been out since leaving the team’s Week 2 loss to the Cardinals with an ankle injury, Tracy White (foot) and Steve Gregory were also (hip) were also not present for practice. Michael Hoomanawanui (concussion) was back at practice for New England.
Belichick didn’t go into detail regarding whether Hernandez will play on Sunday, but at the very least it appears that he will be making the trip to Seattle and that he’ll be evaluated further prior to the game.
“We’ll just have to see how it goes here,” Belichick said. “He practiced late last week and did some things yesterday and Wednesday, so we’ll see how he is today, see if that set him back or didn’t set him back or how that went. Then we’ll have the day to evaluate it on Saturday and we’ll see where we’re at on Sunday. I don’t know if [he] could be a game-time decision. Maybe we’ll know sooner depending on what information we get today or before we leave. We’ll just have to see how it goes.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...