Closer look at Patriots’ inactives against Seahawks: Aaron Hernandez, Logan Mankins and Sebastian Vollmer all ready to roll
|10.14.12 at 2:42 pm ET|
The Patriots have announced the following seven players are inactive for Sunday’s game against the Seahawks: defensive end Jake Bequette, safety Steve Gregory, offensive lineman Matt Tennant, wide receiver Julian Edelman, linebacker Dont’a Hightower, linebacker Tracy White and tight end Michael Hoomanawanui.
Going into Sunday’s game, we already knew four of the players who would be sidelined, as Edelman (hand), Hightower (hamstring), Gregory (hip) and White (foot) were all downgraded prior to Sunday afternoon because of previously known injuries.
Bequette, a rookie, has been the victim of a numbers game over much of the first five contests, and so the decision on him is no surprise. Meanwhile, Tennant has been on and off the roster over the first few weeks, and the fact that he’s out Sunday could mean good things for the depth along the interior of New England’s offensive line. And Hoomanawanui has been dealing with a concussion problem over the last couple of weeks, but has also been surpassed on the depth chart by Daniel Fells.
The list is more notable for those players who are active, namely tight end Aaron Hernandez. The third-year starter out of Florida suffered an ankle injury in a Week Two loss to the Cardinals, and has been on the shelf since then. He practiced in a limited capacity on Wednesday and Thursday (he was sidelined Friday), and appears to be ready to give it a go Sunday against the Seahawks.
In addition, offensive linemen Logan Mankins (calf/hip) and Sebastian Vollmer (back/knee) have been hobbled over the last couple of weeks — neither could finish last week’s game against the Broncos, and have been limited over the course of the week — but like Hernandez, appear to be ready to go against the Seahawks.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England