|Third-quarter notes: Patriots 23, Jets 13||10.21.12 at 6:44 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Three quarters are done here at Gillette Stadium, and the Patriots lead 23-13. Here are a few notes from the last 15 minutes of action:
•It was a quiet quarter, compared to the first two. New York opened the quarter with a steady 11-play, 65-yard drive that included another pass play of 20-plus yards, that one coming on a 23-yard connection from Mark Sanchez to Dustin Keller that got the Jets within striking distance. The Patriots were able to get a good red-zone stop however, and Nick Folk connected on his second field goal of the day, a 21-yarder that made it 16-13 with 9:33 left in the quarter.
•On their first drive of the second half, the Patriots matched that with a lengthy drive of their own. The New England offense went on a 15-play, 83-yard drive — the most consistent of the first two-plus quarters for the Patriots. New England used 6:54 on that drive for the Patriots, which was highlighted by two catches from Wes Welker that helped New England convert on third downs. In addition, there was a 16-yard completion from Tom Brady to Aaron Hernandez that got the Patriots down to the New York one (a play that had to be reviewed because there was some question about Hernandez having control as he went to the ground). After a loss of one yard, Brady found Rob Gronkowski for a two-yard touchdown pass, ending the series and giving the Patriots a 23-13 lead.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Dwight Freeney Signs With Chargers; Pats Showed 'Last Minute Interest'
- USA Today: Gronkowski Dealing With Back Issue, Could Face (Another)...
- Patriots Sign Second-Round Pick Jamie Collins
- New England Patriots Links 5/17/13 - Hightower Understands Work Ethic...
- Rapoport: Gronkowski Forearm Surgery 'Imminent'; Likely To Be Monday
- Kyle Love Claimed By Jaguars; Joins Brandon Deaderick
- On Kyle Love