Target Practice: Tracking opportunities in Patriots passing game
|10.22.12 at 8:02 pm ET|
Targets have been compiled by the NFL since the start of the 2009 season, and while it remains an imperfect stat ‘ a badly thrown ball from a quarterback can often go against the record of the receiver as opposed to the quarterback ‘ it remains a good indication of the confidence level a passer might have in his pass catcher. Here’s a look at the target breakdown for the New England passing game through the first seven weeks of the 2012 regular season:
WR Wes Welker: 54 catches on 74 targets
WR Brandon Lloyd: 35 catches on 65 targets
TE Rob Gronkowski: 35 catches on 51 targets
TE Aaron Hernandez: 17 catches on 24 targets
RB Danny Woodhead: 14 catches on 15 targets
WR Julian Edelman: 12 catches on 17 targets
RB Stevan Ridley: Six catches on 10 targets
WR Deion Branch: Five catches on 11 targets
RB Brandon Bolden: Two catches on two targets
RB Shane Vereen: Two catches on three targets
TE Daniel Fells: Two catches on six targets
TE Michael Hoomanawanui: One catch on one target
TE Kellen Winslow: One catch on two targets
TOTALS: 186 catches on 281 targets
Wide receiver: 106 catches on 167 targets
Tight end: 56 catches on 84 targets
Running back: 24 catches on 30 targets
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?
- Can Garoppolo Carry Patriots in Brady's Absence?