|Visanthe Shiancoe returns to practice field with Patriots||10.23.12 at 7:27 pm ET|
The Patriots announced that Visanthe Shiancoe, who was placed on injured reserve with designation to return on Sept. 5, returned to practice Tuesday.
Per the CBA, under the newly created designation Shiancoe was eligible to return to the practice field following Week 6 action, and is eligible to starting playing in games after Week 8. The team has 21 days to add him to the active roster, or he must be placed on IR for the remainder of the season.
The Patriots signed Shiancoe to a one-year deal in July worth $1.2 million, with $400,000 in guaranteed money and $800,000 in incentives. The 32-year-old has been in the league for nine seasons, including the last five with the Vikings. The 6-foot-4, 250-pounder has 243 catches for 2,677 yards and 27 touchdowns in his NFL career, including 56 catches for 566 yards and 11 touchdowns in 2009, his best year as a pro.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Patriots Spend League High $140K In Guaranteed Money For UDFAs
- New England Patriots Links 5/22/13 - Talib: OTAs About 'Getting Down the...
- The Potential Importance Of Jake Ballard
- Four Missing From Second Day Of Patriots OTAs
- The Top 20 Most Memorable Patriots Moments of 2012: Number 8
- New England Patriots Links 5/21/13 - Watching for Early Signs of...
- Tedy Bruschi Elected To Patriots Hall Of Fame