Report: Walt Coleman of ‘Tuck Rule’ fame set to work as official for Patriots-Rams
|10.25.12 at 5:51 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Walt Coleman — the official who made the “Tuck Rule” famous in the Patriots’ “Snow Bowl” win over the Raiders — will be working the New England-St. Louis game Sunday in London, according to our friends at FootballZebras.com.
Coleman, who was also the official in an Oct. 31, 2004 game between New England and Pittsburgh that saw the end of the Patriots’ 21-game winning streak, will be working his second game of the year. (He worked the Panthers-Falcons game on Sept. 30.) He served as the lead official for one New England game last season, a 20-16 win for the Patriots over the Cowboys at Gillette Stadium.
For more on his tendencies and background as an official, check out his page at Pro Football Reference.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It
- NFL1000: Why New England's Defense Can Carry Belichick to Another Super...
- Patriots vs. Dolphins: Full Report Card Grades for New England