Third-quarter notes: Patriots 38, Rams 7
|10.28.12 at 3:32 pm ET|
Three quarters are done in London, and the Patriots are in command. Here are a few quick notes:
‘¢The Patriots went up 35-7 on a drive to open the second half that included a 30-yard run for Stevan Ridley — his longest of the season — and an 18-yard pass play to Michael Hoomanawanui. It was capped off by a nine-yard pass on a little in-cut to Brandon Lloyd that saw the wide receiver slide into the ball nicely to finish off the reception. It was Lloyd’s second touchdown catch of the day, and another sign that he has bounced back nicely from any struggles he might have suffered last week against the Jets.
‘¢New England was forced into its first field goal attempt of the afternoon on its subsequent drive, a series that was highlighted by a perfectly executed 41-yard run from Stevan Ridley that featured some great blocking by New England’s offensive line, fantastic vision by Ridley and a really nice burst into the secondary. The Patriots had to settle for a 26-yard field goal midway through the quarter than increased their lead to 38-7.
‘¢Because they have fallen into a colossal hole, the Rams are more inclined to throw the ball to try and get back into the game. However, it bears noting that St. Louis running back Steven Jackson has been limited to 23 yards on seven carries through three quarters.
‘¢The defensive highlight for the Patriots came with just under four minutes left in the third quarter when defensive end Chandler Jones came in unblocked, swooping in and tripping Bradford with one swipe. Despite the fact that New England has been able to get good, consistent pressure on Bradford for much of the afternoon, it was the first sack of the day for the Patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...