|Third-quarter notes: Patriots 38, Rams 7||10.28.12 at 3:32 pm ET|
Three quarters are done in London, and the Patriots are in command. Here are a few quick notes:
•The Patriots went up 35-7 on a drive to open the second half that included a 30-yard run for Stevan Ridley — his longest of the season — and an 18-yard pass play to Michael Hoomanawanui. It was capped off by a nine-yard pass on a little in-cut to Brandon Lloyd that saw the wide receiver slide into the ball nicely to finish off the reception. It was Lloyd’s second touchdown catch of the day, and another sign that he has bounced back nicely from any struggles he might have suffered last week against the Jets.
•New England was forced into its first field goal attempt of the afternoon on its subsequent drive, a series that was highlighted by a perfectly executed 41-yard run from Stevan Ridley that featured some great blocking by New England’s offensive line, fantastic vision by Ridley and a really nice burst into the secondary. The Patriots had to settle for a 26-yard field goal midway through the quarter than increased their lead to 38-7.
•Because they have fallen into a colossal hole, the Rams are more inclined to throw the ball to try and get back into the game. However, it bears noting that St. Louis running back Steven Jackson has been limited to 23 yards on seven carries through three quarters.
•The defensive highlight for the Patriots came with just under four minutes left in the third quarter when defensive end Chandler Jones came in unblocked, swooping in and tripping Bradford with one swipe. Despite the fact that New England has been able to get good, consistent pressure on Bradford for much of the afternoon, it was the first sack of the day for the Patriots.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- New England Patriots Links 5/20/13 - Brady Better Than Ever; OTAs Begin
- Dwight Freeney Signs With Chargers; Pats Showed 'Last Minute Interest'
- USA Today: Gronkowski Dealing With Back Issue, Could Face (Another)...
- Patriots Sign Second-Round Pick Jamie Collins
- New England Patriots Links 5/17/13 - Hightower Understands Work Ethic...
- Rapoport: Gronkowski Forearm Surgery 'Imminent'; Likely To Be Monday
- Kyle Love Claimed By Jaguars; Joins Brandon Deaderick