Pressure Points: Which Pats defenders have done best job getting after QB in 2012?
|10.30.12 at 11:18 am ET|
Through eight weeks, the Patriots have 30 quarterback hits and 17 sacks (tied for 15tth in the league) as a team. Based on gamebooks, here’s a quick look at some pass-rush numbers for the Patriots to this point in the 2012 season:
DE Chandler Jones: Nine
DE Rob Ninkovich: Six
DE Jermaine Cunningham: Three
LB Brandon Spikes: Three
LB Dont’a Hightower: Three
DL Vince Wilfork: Two
DE Trevor Scott: One
LB Jerod Mayo: One
DL Brandon Deaderick: One
DL Kyle Love: One
Jones: 6 (33 yards)
Ninkovich: 5 (29 yards)
Hightower: 2 (10 yards)
Cunningham: 1.5 (15 yards)
Love: 1.5 (4 yards)
Mayo: 1 (7 yards)
By way of comparison, through eight games in 2011, the Patriots had 15 sacks and 40 quarterback hits.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...