Report: Sterling Moore signs with Patriots practice squad
|11.02.12 at 7:54 pm ET|
A couple of days after being waived by the Patriots, cornerback Sterling Moore has returned as a member of the practice squad, according to ESPN Boston. The 22-year-old Moore has 13 tackles and one forced fumble over the first eight games of the 2012 for New England.
Moore was originally signed by the Patriots off the Raiders’ practice squad on Oct. 5, 2011, and spent the majority of the rest of the regular season between the practice squad and the 53-man roster before ultimately being signed to the 53-man roster on Dec. 23. Moore appeared in six regular season games with three starts in 2011 and played in all three playoff games.
The 5-foot-10, 200-pounder has played in 14 regular season games with three starts in his two-year career and appeared in all three playoff contests last year. He has registered 25 total tackles, 2 interceptions, nine passes defensed, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery. He earned NFL Rookie of the Week Honors following his Week 17 performance vs. Buffalo last season, in which he made his first two career interceptions, returning the initial pick 21 yards for his first NFL touchdown.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?
- Can Garoppolo Carry Patriots in Brady's Absence?
- Latest on Patriots WR Danny Amendola's Injury