Patriots sign linebacker Jerrell Harris to practice squad
|11.06.12 at 4:20 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The Patriots announced Tuesday that they have signed rookie linebacker Jerrell Harris to the practice squad. Harris, 23, originally signed with the Atlanta Falcons as a rookie free agent out of Alabama on April 30. The 6-foot-3, 242-pounder was released by Atlanta at the end of training camp before joining the Jacksonville Jaguars‘ practice squad on Sept. 26. He was released from the Jaguars’ practice squad on Oct. 25. Harris started at strong side linebacker for the BCS National Champion Alabama Crimson Tide as a senior in 2011 and recorded 22 total tackles.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England