Danny Woodhead becomes the unmistaken ‘leader’ of the Patriots running backs
|11.11.12 at 10:13 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Danny Woodhead did it all on Sunday, running for touchdowns, catching passes that turned into touchdowns and throwing in a celebratory shoulder shake for some added flavor. Woodhead had a 15-yard TD run in the second quarter and an 18-yard run-after-catch for a score in the third in New England’s 37-31 win over the Bills.
“Phenomenal, man,” Stevan Ridley said of Woodhead. “That’s the leader in our room and Woody does it all. He runs well, he catches well. He’s a threat for the defenses. They’ve got to find the little short guy out there somewhere. But most of the time he’s making plays and it’s too late [for defenses]. My hat’s off to Woody for leading our room and doing it strong.”
How does the 5-foot-9 Woodhead earn that love and respect from teammates? By reacting to his two-touchdown day in a completely humble fashion.
“It’s a pretty good day because we got the ‘W’. That’s really the only thing that matters. Two touchdowns, whatever, that’s not of the most concern. It’s just getting the win and we got the win.”
“We use all of our backs,” Bill Belichick said. There’s no ‘ [the media] thinks that every game this guy’s got all these plays and the next game somebody else has all those plays. We don’t know. But they all played, they all contributed, they were all productive. And Danny made some good plays, no doubt about it.”
After his second touchdown, he went into the end zone, flipped the ball to the official and did a dance on one knee involving his shoulders. No name for it yet.
“He’s feeling it, he’s feeling it,” Ridley laughed. “What can you say about Woody? Two touchdowns, I say he does what he want. No. 39 getting it done. I say depend on the man, throw him the ball.”
Woodhead’s only carry was his 15-yard TD while he was targeted in the passing game six times by Tom Brady and caught four passes for 46 yards.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...
- Super Bowl 51 Champion New England Patriots Visit President Trump at...