Third-quarter notes: Patriots 31, Bills 24
|11.11.12 at 3:21 pm ET|
FOXBORO — We are done with three quarters at Gillette Stadium, and the Patriots just can’t seem to shake the pesky Bills:
•Left guard Logan Mankins limped off at the end of the Patriots first drive of the second half, and it appeared he had his left foot or ankle looked at. That, compounded with the back injury suffered by right guard Dan Connolly, and the already thin interior of the New England offensive line got even thinner. Not coincidentally, Tom Brady was sacked for the first time in eight-plus quarters midway through the third — after pulling himself off the turf, he certainly didn’t look happy, appearing to yell at wide receiver Julian Edelman for some perceived infraction.
•The Patriots were able to overcome on their next drive — after a Buffalo penalty on a New England punt return, the Patriots started with excellent field position, the Buffalo 39. It took them four plays, but the Patriots cashed in nicely when Brady found Danny Woodhead for his second touchdown of the day, an 18-yard reception where the diminutive back scampered across the goal line with 7:06 left in the quarter to make it 31-17.
•The Bills were able to get their one touchdown of the quarter when Ryan Fitzpatrick helped engineer an 11-play, 84-yard drive that took 5:29 and ended with a 1-yard touchdown run from Fred Jackson to cut New England’s lead to 31-24 with 1:37 left in the third quarter.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Report: Rob Gronkowski Back Surgery Completed and Successful
- Fantasy Outlook: Patriots RB Stevan Ridley
- The Top 20 Most Memorable Patriots Moments of 2012: Number 5
- New England Patriots Links 6/18/13 - Shane Vereen: Offense Has 'Sour...
- New England Patriots Links 6/17/13 - Leon Washington Hopes to Contribute...
- New England Patriots Links 6/14/13 - WRs: It's Amendola, Everyone Else
- New England Patriots Links 6/13/13 - Don't Expect Tom-Tim Tag Team