A look at Patriots coming off bye under Bill Belichick
|11.12.12 at 11:53 am ET|
In the wake of Sunday’s 37-31 win over the Bills, if you’re interested in how the Patriots have done coming off the bye week under Bill Belichick, here’s a year-by-year breakdown of what they’ve done coming out of their week off.
Nov. 5, 2000: Overtime loss (16-13) to the Bills at Foxboro Stadium.
Jan. 6, 2002: Win (38-6) over the Panthers in Carolina.
Oct. 27, 2002: Loss (24-16) to the Broncos at Gillette Stadium.
Nov. 16, 2003: Win (12-0) over the Cowboys at Gillette Stadium.
Oct. 3, 2004: Win (31-17) over the Bills in Buffalo.
Oct. 30, 2005: Win (21-16) over the Bills at Gillette Stadium.
Oct. 22, 2006: Win (28-6) over the Bills in Buffalo.
Nov. 18, 2007: Win (56-10) over the Bills in Buffalo.
Oct. 5, 2008: Win (30-21) over the 49ers in San Francisco.
Oct. 8. 2009: Win (27-17) over the Dolphins in Miami.
Oct. 17, 2010: Overtime win (23-20) over the Ravens at Gillette Stadium.
Oct. 30, 2011: Loss (25-17) to the Steelers in Pittsburgh.
The 9-3 mark includes an interesting nugget: in addition to this season, in the 13 times Belichick has coached a Patriots’ team coming off the bye, New England has faced the Bills on six occasions, and are now 5-1 against them.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL